OnePlus has launched its first mid range smartphone, the OnePlus X. The Onyx version of the OnePlus X went on sale today through Amazon India. The smartphone managed to create hype from the day OnePlus announced that it is working on “OnePlus Mini”. On the specifications front, the OnePlus X packs a 5 inch Full HD AMOLED display with Corning Gorilla Glass 3 protection. It is powered by a 2.3GHz Quad-Core Snapdragon 801 processor with Adreno 330 GPU and supported by 3GB of RAM.
The OnePlus X runs on Oxygen OS 2.1 based on Android 5.1. It has hybrid SIM slot and lets you use the second SIM as a microSD slot when required. It has a 13 megapixel rear camera with LED flash, and a 8 megapixel front facing camera. It also supports 4G connectivity. The Onyx version has a black glass back panel on a metal bezel and the other version has a scratch-resistant ceramic back.
OnePlus X Specs
- Display : 5 inch Full HD AMOLED display with Corning Gorilla Glass 3 protection
- Processor : 2.3GHz quad core Qualcomm Snapdragon 801 processor with Adreno 330 GPU
- Storage : 3GB RAM with 16GB internal storage, expandable memory up to 128GB with microSD
- OS : Android 5.1.1 based Oxygen OS 2.1
- Rear Camera : 13MP with LED Flash and 1080p video recording
- Front Camera : 8MP
- Battery : 2525mAh ( non-removable)
The OnePlus X Onyx is priced at Rs. 16,999 while the ceramic version would be priced at Rs. 22,999 for the Ceramic version. The Onyx version went on sale today through invite system and the ceramic version would be available to buy from November 24. The ceramic version would be a limited edition and the invites may be scarce. The Onyx version is expected to go on open sale model later, but for now it is available exclusively via invite system. If you have the invite, you can buy it from Amazon here.