Swipe Technologies, is an Indian company that has a whooping 9.7% market share (as of 2014) in the Indian tablets industry. The company has been silently making waves and now they have introduced a whole new set of features in their own custom UI called the Freedom OS. Freedom OS is a custom modified user interface which is built on top of Android. It is available in the new Swipe Elite mobile. The mobile was launched in India back in August and it received good reception among buyers. Now the mobile has been relaunched with the refreshed set of features on the Freedom OS v1.1. Existing buyers will also get the update via OTA.
Much like the MIUI, the Freedom OS is all about customization. The customization is not just skin deep, but penetrates to functionality as well. Here are the new features on the Swipe Elite.
- Dialer Themes – The dialer application can be customized with different colors and themes based on user preferences.
- The tabs on the dialer app can be rearranged or removed.
- User can now switch between list view or card view for contacts
- The UI supports condensed font
- The low resolution caller images will get better clarity, with the low resolution photo filter
- A plethora of screen gestures that lets the user customize quick actions
- The context menu can also be customized
- The dialer pad can be optimized for one handed operation
- Different frames for contact photos
- Refreshed lock screen animations
- From the lock screen, a whole lot of settings can be accessed. That’s the quick access app drawer feature
- Finally, offline password recovery enables you to recover a forgotten password on the mobile, even if the mobile is not connected to the Internet.
The Freedom OS v1.1 is based on Android Lollipop and speaking to the media, Mr Shripal Gandhi, Founder of Swipe Technologies, promised the OTA updates on the Swipe Elite will be frequent and up to date. I have been using the Swipe Elite for a week now and I will soon publish my thoughts on the mobile. The Freedom OS is made in India, while the Swipe Elite is designed in India and assembled in China. Currently the Freedom OS is only available on Swipe Elite.
Freedom OS1.1 is offered ONLY in Swipe Elite which is exclusively available on Flipkart. Buy the Swipe ELITE here